ROLE: To make recommendations to CPCA Committees on specific, time-sensitive policy issues.
- Task Forces typically address time sensitive policy issues and may make informal recommendations to whichever Committee the Task Force reports up to.
- Task Forces meet as determined by the Chair and staff; sometimes monthly or quarterly depending on the groups’ needs.
Managed Care Task Force (reports to Government Programs Committee)
Chair: Warren Brodine, CEO, Eisner Health
CPCA Staff Lead: Laura Sheckler, Deputy Director of Policy & Regulatory Affairs
CPCA Support Staff: Marisa Melendez, Senior Administrative Assistant
- Managed Care health plan contracts
- Monitor concerns and changes in the Medi-Cal Managed Care environment and provide guidance on responding to developments
- Monitor and respond to the state's Cal AIM implementation plan
Medicaid Managed Care: Lots Of Unanswered Questions (Part 1)
Medicaid Managed Care: Lots Of Unanswered Questions (Part 2)
Telehealth Clinical Task Force (reports to Clinicians Committee)
Chair: Dr. Janine Bera, MD, CMO, WellSpace Health
CPCA Staff Lead: Mahnoor Kahn, Sr. Policy Coordinator
CPCA Support Staff: Marisa Melendez, Sr. Administrative Assistant
- Drawing on the expertise from CHC clinical and quality leaders, this group will run through the 2022 legislative cycle to support telehealth legislative efforts.
- This group will prepare CPCA staff and advocates to have the data, example, and information they need to best advance this top priority.