This live event occurred on Tuesday, May 16, 2017. To obtain a copy of the recording, please continue registering below.
NEW! Community Health Worker & Promotora Trainings!
CPCA is offering this multi-part training program to introduce health centers and regional associations to a new workforce; community health workers (CHWs) and Promotoras who can be integrated into a clinic to help provide a more holistic approach when caring for patients.
Training providers know that whole-person care is important, but an additional step many providers are taking is expanding their team to include CHWs. CHWs (also known as Promotoras, health coaches, and a number of other titles) have demonstrated their ability to improve health behaviors and outcomes, particularly for racial and ethnic minority communities. CHWs provide culturally responsive services to educate patients, identify resources, provide case management, support care coordination activities, and become part of an individual's support network. Because many of these allied health professionals come from the community, many have a heightened understanding of the needs of the people in their communities, including cultural barriers to care.
According to a survey conducted by the California Primary Care Association, more than 45 community health clinics have incorporated CHWs into their care team. You can be next!
Click the following links to view descriptions, and register for parts 2 & 3 of this new series!
May 23 - How to Fund CHWs/Promotoras in Your Health Center
May 30 - Data Collection and Evaluation for CHW/Promotora Programs
- Integrate methodologies around utilizing CHWs to provide culturally appropriate and relevant health care.
- Gain an understanding about the Promotora model, a grass-root approach to addressing your patients' needs in their community, and how to partner with organizations that train Promotoras.
- Identify key success factors for CHW program sustainability and recognize the important role CHWs play in providing wrap-around services to patients.
- Melinda Cordero-Barzaga, Associate Director, Visión y Compromiso
- Ana Grande, Community Organizing Director, Clinica Romero
- Carlos Londono, Director of Health Education, Tiburcio Vásquez Health Center
- Karissa Moreno, Operations Director, Clinica Romero
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive webinar access information emailed moments after registration. Be sure to add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after Wednesday, May 9, 2017.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing Training@cpca.org according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage at http://cpca.org/index.cfm/training-and-events/.
CPCA uses Citrix GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the Citrix environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic.
To complete your registration after selecting "Register" below, please scroll to the top of the page and click Proceed To Checkout.