DATE: Tuesday, May 30, 2017
TIME: 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. (PST)
NEW! Community Health Worker & Promotora Trainings!
CPCA is offering this multi-part training program to introduce health centers and regional associations to a new workforce; community health workers (CHWs) and Promotoras who can be integrated into a clinic to help provide a more holistic approach when caring for patients.
Community health workers are widely utilized in low income communities and are an important tool in reducing health disparities; however, evidence is lacking on their effectiveness, making it difficult for such programs to receive funding.
Given the diversity of CHW programs, there is no one-size-fits-all evaluation approach. CHW programs may hire an external evaluator or assign an internal staff member to serve as an evaluator. In developing an evaluation plan, evaluators of CHW programs emphasize the importance of employing simple data collection techniques and using existing data tracking mechanisms, like electronic health records.
Please join us for the last webinar of our series as we review different data collection methods that clinics can utilize to demonstrate the impact that CHWs are having in improving health outcomes for patients and the community.
- Learn the importance of, and best practices for data collection.
- Acquire different methods of data collection that can help fund your CHW/Promotora program.
- Gain an understanding of how to collect evidence-based data to help show a return on investment.
- Evelyn Gonzalez, Policy Director, Community Health Councils
- Bonnie Hough, Health Center and Program Policy Analyst, MHP Salud
- Laura Miller, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Community Health Center Network
- Angela O'Brien, LCSW, Social Work Supervisor, Care Neighborhood
Payment is due at time of registration. A 10% service fee will be applied for invoicing options.
- CPCA Members: $90
- Non Members/Non CHC: $105
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive webinar access information emailed moments after registration. Be sure to add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after Wednesday, May 23, 2017.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing Training@cpca.org according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage at http://cpca.org/index.cfm/training-and-events/.
CPCA uses Citrix GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the Citrix environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic.
To complete your registration after selecting "Register" below, please scroll to the top of the page and click Proceed To Checkout.