DATE: Wednesday, April 26, 2017
TIME: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (PST)
Medi-Cal Managed Care health plans and FQHC providers have partnered through Pay-for-Performance Incentive programs to improve quality measures and health outcomes while transforming and improving care. The FQHC payment system allows for participation in quality incentive programs, but to avoid reconciliation of incentive payments, the programs must be carefully structured. CPCA is offering this two-part webinar series to explore the regulations, strategies, and best practices that will provide insights and guidance toFQHCs to assist them to successfully navigate the complex world of incentive payment programs.
Part 2 of this series will will take an in-depth look at the legal and regulatory risks presented to FQHCs arising out of how incentive payments are reported by FQHCs in their Medi-Cal Reconciliation Reports. This 60-minute session will address the problems presented to FQHCs by the lack of legal authorities, making the reporting of these incentives legally problematic and exposes FQHCs by the lack of legal authorities, making the reporting of these incentives legally problematic and exposes FQHCs to False Claims Act liabilities as a result of the 60-Day Rule regulations adopted by the federal government in 2016. This session will also include a discussion of key elements of some existing incentive programs and describe how leveraging the clinical performance measures created by health plans can help to mitigate the legal risk of FQHCs who do not report incentive payments as supplemental on their Medi-Cal Reconciliation reports.
- Review the few regulatory and legal risks for FQHCs in failing to report incentive payments in their Medi-Cal Reconciliation Reports.
- Understand why careful review of the types of incentive payments received for clinical performance measures can help mitigate the legal risk in failing to report such payments as supplemental revenue in the Medi-Cal Reconciliation Reporting process.
- Learn how FQHCs can strategize with health plans to develop incentive programs that minimize risk for Medi-Cal Reconciliation Reporting.
- Lawrence B. Garcia, Attorney, Kronick Moskovitz Tiedemann & Gerard
Payment is due at time of registration. A 10% service fee will be applied for invoicing options.
- CPCA Members: $90
- Non Members/Non CHC: $105
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive webinar access information emailed moments after registration. Be sure to add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after Friday, April 14, 2017.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing Training@cpca.org according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage at http://cpca.org/index.cfm/training-and-events/.
CPCA uses Citrix GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the Citrix environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic.
To complete your registration after selecting "Register" below, please scroll to the top of the page and click Proceed To Checkout.