DATE: Tuesday, May 16, 2017
TIME: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (PST)
The implementation date for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Emergency Preparedness Final Rule is only a few months away! Affected provider types, including community health centers (CHC), must meet all of the applicable requirements of the rule by November 16, 2017. This includes conducting an all-hazards risk assessment to inform the development of an emergency preparedness plan, developing and implementing emergency preparedness policies and procedures, establishing a communications plan, and maintaining a comprehensive training and testing program. Many CHCs have expressed concerns over the additional burden these new regulations place on them, in particular, the training and testing component of the rule.
Join us for a one-hour informative and engaging webinar on the training and testing component of the new EP rule, specifically as it relates to Rural Health Centers (RHCs), Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), and Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alikes (FQHC Look-Alikes). Speakers will briefly review the overall components of the rule, delve into the testing and training requirement, share best practices health centers can use in becoming compliant and equip attendees with useful resources that can be directly applied towards satisfying this portion of the CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will:
- Be familiar with the training and testing portion of the new CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule as the requirement currently stands (pending clarifications released in the new Interpretive Guidelines)
- Have access to training and exercise resources such as online trainings, curriculums, toolkits, videos, templates, and guidelines that are free of charge and can be directly applied towards satisfying CMS requirements
- Understand the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) and its associated terminology for training and exercises
- Recognize examples of successful training and exercise programs at other clinics facing similar challenges and feel empowered to adapt similar programs for their own facilities
- Meg Nash, MPH, Principal Consultant, Constant and Associates, Inc.
- Christopher Riccardi, CHSP, CHEP, CHCM-SEC, Associate, Constant and Associates, Inc.
- Ashley Slight, MPH, Associate, Constant and Associates, Inc.
Payment is due at time of registration. A 10% service fee will be applied for invoicing options.
- CPCA Members: $90
- Non Members/Non CHC: $105
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive webinar access information emailed moments after registration. Be sure to add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after Tuesday, May 09, 2017.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing Training@cpca.org according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage at http://cpca.org/index.cfm/training-and-events/.
CPCA uses Citrix GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the Citrix environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic.
To complete your registration after selecting "Register" below, please scroll to the top of the page and click Proceed To Checkout.